Having a clear, radiant skin, and healthy hair and nails should be everyone’s priority. And these parts of the body are highly dependent on the nutrient that gets into our system. That’s why it is crucial to eat a well-balanced diet full of proteins, healthy fats, fruits, and vegetables, to get all the necessary vitamins and minerals.
While most vitamins and minerals to support strong hair and nails, as well as a radiant skin can be derived from your diet, it might be difficult to get all the necessary nutrients in the required amounts. This is where supplements might play an important role in saving the day. With Bellawell’s Hair, Skin, and Nails Premium Formula, you get all the vitamins and minerals needed for the healthy functioning of your skin and the vital accessory organs in hair and nails, all in one place.
This premium supplement is stacked with significant quantities of biotin, vitamin A, vitamin C, calcium, iron, vitamin D3, vitamin E, vitamin B1, vitamin B6, folate, vitamin B12, vitamin B5, magnesium, zinc, manganese, potassium, and a proprietary blends that notably contains horsetail extract, nettle root, spirulina, and saw palmetto among others.
What research says:
- Biotin may be able to reduce shedding, and support thick, strong hair growth in women with self-perceived thinning hair when used in conjunction with zinc, silica, vitamin C, and marine protein.2
- 35 people with brittle fingernails had biotin daily for a period of six weeks. The results showed improvement in symptoms in as much as 63% of participants.3
- Biotin may help improve your skin’s smoothness and appearance, as well, as help get it hydrated.4
- Vitamin A, C, D, and E
- As a topical retinoid, vitamin A can benefit the skin by improving the appearance of wrinkles and sagging, reducing hyperpigmentation and other sun damage, and helping treat psoriasis and acne.5,6,7 Vitamin A can also help the skin glands to make sebum — an oily substance that’s responsible for moisturizing the scalp and keeping our hair healthy.8
- Vitamin C is a great antioxidant that can keep the skin healthy and protect it from free radical damage. Same free radical damage can block growth and cause hair aging.9 It is involved in the production of collagen, a protein that plays an essential role in the structure and function of the skin. Also, vitamin C helps the body absorb iron, which is a mineral that’s necessary for hair growth.
- Even though evidence is still insufficient, but vitamin D is believed to play a role in hair growth. However, low levels of vitamin D in the body have been linked to hair loss (alopecia).10 When it comes to the skin, vitamin D is known to help improve skin tone, and even fight psoriasis.11
- Just like vitamin C, vitamin E is a great antioxidant, and can help protect the skin from sun damage. Since vitamin E is normally produced in the body through sebum, it can help prevent skin dryness and inflammation. There’s a study that showed how vitamin E could help in hair growth too. The research found people with hair loss who used vitamin E as a nutritional supplement for 8 months to experience an increase in hair growth by up to 34.5%. As weird as it may sound, the placebo group of the research (those that didn’t take vitamin E) had only 0.1% increase in hair growth.12
- B-group vitamins
- Vitamin B1 or thiamine, works to prevent dry skin, and improve the appearance of wrinkles.
- As science has shown, the deficiency of vitamin B6 can cause an itchy, red skin rash called seborrheic dermatitis. There’s also convincing evidence that shows vitamin B6 plays an important role in skin health and diseases.13
- Research has also shown vitamin B9 or folate to play a significant role in the prevention of skin cancer. This protective activity has been linked to its antioxidant property in fighting free radicals.14
- There’s some evidence, that vitamin B12 or cobalamin may be able to help in reducing skin dryness and inflammation. It can also be used to fight conditions like eczema and psoriasis.15
- There’s evidence that vitamin B5 or pantothenic acid may be able to act as a great skin moisturizer. One research found it to help with facial acne by reducing blemishes.16
- Horsetail extract
- Nettle root
If we were to continue talking about the scientific basis and benefits of the ingredients in Bellawell’s Hair, Skin, and Nails Premium Formula, it may take us all day. With this supplement, you have all the vitamins, minerals, and potent phytochemicals needed to boost the growth of your hair and nails, and nourish your skin, all in a single bottle.