Everything You Need to Know About Using Vitamin C Serum for Your Skin / Vitamin C Serum: Your New Best Friend for Younger-Looking Skin
If you are already into skincare or new to skincare you might have heard of vitamin C serums. Vitamin C is known to be the best anti-aging ingredient. It can give you a glowy and fresh skin after consistent usage. We intake vitamin C in our diet but using it topically will help in benefitting the skin way faster. There are many benefits of vitamin C serum and some of them are listed below:
- Hydrating: Vitamin C has hydrating properties. It reduces trans epidermal water loss, which allows the skin to retain moisture.
- Glowing skin: It dulls down the darkness on your skin and smoothest the skin surface making the skin look glowing and smooth.
- Anti-aging: Vitamin C stimulates collagen production which makes the skin soft and young looking.
- Reduce redness: It works like wonders for people with rosacea. It reduces the visible redness and clears the complexion.
- Soothes sunburn: We do not recommend ditching SPF for vitamin C, but the vitamin can help in soothing sunburns and sun-damaged skin as it has anti-inflammatory properties.
- Reduces dark spots: Hyperpigmentation and dark spots can be treated by using vitamin C. It makes the skin tone even and clears the skin deeply.
- Promotes collagen production: lowered collagen production can increase fine lines and wrinkles on the skin. Vitamin C promotes collagen production which results in younger and softer skin.
Adding vitamin C serum to your skincare routine will surely benefit you as it is safe to use for almost everyone.
What Is Vitamin C Serum?
Vitamin C serum is a liquid or gel that is packed with vitamin C components. It is applied on the skin topically. Among the many benefits of vitamin C, its anti-aging properties are the most widely known. Increasing the collagen production in the skin reduces the appearance of wrinkles and prevents the skin from sagging. Not that vitamin C is not present in our skin already, it is. But you can increase its amount by including foods that are rich in vitamin C. Or by using vitamin C serums and creams. It reduces hyperpigmentation on the skin making the skin clear and glowing. It controls the sebum production in your skin which results in reduced acne.
Does a vitamin c serum actually work?
Yes! Vitamin C serums do work and can do wonders for your skin. It has hydrating properties that restore the moisture of your skin. It works as a powerful antioxidant that helps in clearing acne. You can use the serum every day as it is safe to use and usually most people have no side effects after using it. Acne can cause inflammation and scars, using vitamin C serum may reduce the inflammation on the skin.
Vitamin C serums work by inhibiting an enzyme that makes melanin, a skin pigment. Thus, it makes our skin look brighter and even-toned. It also works great in skin hyperpigmentation disorders such as melasma, post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation, or others. Studies show that vitamin C may reduce the appearance of under-eye dark circles. Applying the vitamin C serum in the morning helps in protecting the skin from sun damage. And if you have already sunburned skin, vitamin C serum may help you recover your skin. Another well-known vitamin C benefit is it boosts the healing of minor wounds.
How to choose the right vitamin c serum?
It is important to choose the right vitamin C serum for better results. Here is the list of things that you should always look for in labels when choosing vitamin C serum.
- Form of Vitamin C: Vitamin C has two types, L-ascorbic acid, and Vitamin C derivative. You can find Vitamin C on your serum label with different names. According to research, the most effective form of vitamin C is L-ascorbic acid. However, this form is harsh to the skin and degrades quickly. Sodium Ascorbyl phosphate is a more stable and gentle form of vitamin C. It is well-tolerated by all skin types, unlike l-ascorbic acid which is not suitable for sensitive skin.
- Concentration: A good vitamin C serum must contain at least 10% concentration of any form of vitamin C. Concentration levels between 10% to 20% are the most appropriate to get the best result from the vitamin C serum. It is proven by studies that at 20% concentration is absorbed well by the skin.
- Ingredient combo: To stabilize vitamin C serum, Vitamin E is an important ingredient. It increases the stability of the serum and ensures maximum skin protection. Other important ingredients that are used to increase the moisturizing properties of vitamin C serum are Hyaluronic acid, aloe vera gel, and a carrier oil such as jojoba oil.
- Packaging: Vitamin C serum can be easily oxidized when exposed to light, air, or heat. Always look for amber glass or dark-colored bottles with a glass dropper instead of an air pump. A good brand always tells you about proper storage conditions.
- Price: When it comes to skincare, price does not matter but quality matters. Always pick a serum that contains all essential ingredients and full-fill the above-mentioned conditions. Normally the price ranges from $30 to more than $100.
Keeping all these things in mind, there are few vitamin C serum brands available on the market. All these brands are good enough to give a try. But if you are looking for the best vitamin C serum then I will recommend to you my all-time favorite store to get high-quality and luxurious skincare products which are www.bellawellbeauty.com. Bellawell Vitamin C facial serum is one of the exceptional formulas available at a reasonable price.
Tips before applying it on your skin
There are a couple of things to keep in mind while applying vitamin C serum to your skin.
- When layering different products, always make sure that these products’ ingredients go well with each other. For example, vitamin C with retinol can cause irritation because both are powerful skincare ingredients. Most dermatologists recommend using Vitamin C products in the morning and Retinol products at night.
- After exfoliation vitamin C absorbs more quickly because dead skin makes it difficult to absorb the serum. Thus, for better skin penetration, exfoliate your skin twice or thrice a week.
- Always do a patch test before applying vitamin C serum to your skin. Don’t rush! Give your skin some time to get adjusted to the product.
- Do not use products that contain harmful chemicals before applying vitamin C serum as it causes irritation.
How you can incorporate it into your daily routine
Vitamin C serum can be used in both daytime and nighttime skincare routines. Some experts suggest that you use vitamin C in the daytime for better absorption. But always use vitamin C products with sunscreens of at least SPF30 to protect your skin from sun damage.
If your skin is super sensitive, then nighttime is the best time for you. At night when you are sleeping your skin undergoes a natural repairing process. It helps you to repair all the damages such as wrinkles, age spots, etc.
If your vitamin C serum is not potent enough to repair skin damage caused by UV exposure. You can always choose Bellawell Vitamin C Facial Serum which contains 20% of vitamin C as Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate.
Final Thoughts on The Benefits Of Using Vitamin C Serum For Your Face.
At last, we would be concluding the article by putting down our thoughts on the benefits of vitamin C serum. Vitamin C is an important part of our diet and we intake it through different food items. But to get the most benefits of vitamin C, a vitamin C serum is ideal for you. It can be easily absorbed and is extremely advantageous for your skin.
If you haven't included a vitamin C serum in your skincare yet it's high time you should. Every dermatologist is recommending adding this beneficial ingredient into skincare routines as it is mostly safe to use on every skin type and has numerous benefits including, glowing healthy skin, hydrating properties that help in restoring faces moisture, decreasing hyper-pigmentation, improving collagen production which reduces the appearance of wrinkles and early skin aging.
Another benefit of vitamin C serum is that it can protect the skin from sun damage. Applying it in the morning can help your skin to be safe from UV light. But never forget to apply your SPF even if you are using vitamin C serum. Choosing a serum with vitamin E and botanical hyaluronic acid like the Bellawell vitamin C Facial Serum can be one of the best decisions you can make for your skin. As the vitamin E in the serum helps in protecting the skin cells from sun damage.
Bellawell Vitamin C Facial Serum has a plant-based formation making it perfect for silky and smooth skin. Always make sure to do a patch test before using any new skincare product to avoid any severe harm. We advise a patch test before using Bellawell Vitamin C Facial Serum as it contains active ingredients which in some rare cases may cause irritation.